Helps to soothe and repair the gut lining, reducing inflammation and supporting overall gut health.
Glycine is an amino acid that is naturally produced by the body and can also be obtained from food sources. It plays a crucial role in the digestive health by supporting various functions. Glycine aids in the synthesis of collagen, which is essential for maintaining the integrity of the digestive tract lining. It also helps in the production of bile salts, which aid in the digestion and absorption of fats. Additionally, glycine has anti-inflammatory properties and can promote the healing of the gut lining, reducing the risk of gastrointestinal issues.
The GO100 functional food bar contains x% (z grams per bar) of glycine.
Glycine offers several benefits for your digestive health. Here are some of the key benefits:
- Supports gut health: Glycine plays a role in maintaining the integrity of the gut lining and supporting a healthy gut microbiome, which is essential for proper digestion and absorption of nutrients.
- Aids in the production of digestive enzymes: Glycine is involved in the synthesis of digestive enzymes, such as bile salts, which help break down fats in the digestive system. Sufficient glycine levels can promote efficient digestion.
- Reduces gastrointestinal inflammation: Glycine has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract, alleviating symptoms associated with conditions like inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Promotes the healing of the gut lining: Glycine supports the repair and regeneration of the gut lining, which can be beneficial for individuals with leaky gut syndrome or other digestive issues characterized by a compromised gut barrier.
- Enhances nutrient absorption: By promoting a healthy gut environment and optimizing digestive function, glycine can enhance the absorption of nutrients from the food you consume, ensuring that your body gets the essential nutrients it needs.
- Helps in the management of acid reflux: Glycine has been shown to have a protective effect on the esophagus and can help reduce symptoms of acid reflux by supporting the function of the lower esophageal sphincter (LES), which prevents stomach acid from flowing back into the esophagus.
These are some of the notable benefits of glycine for digestive health. However, it’s important to note that individual responses may vary.